Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Tremors!

Last night past mid night, I was indulging myself in my wonderland. Suddenly, I was awaken by the shakiness of my bed. Thought that it must be my sister running away from her night mares.. I turned to her and looked at her.. She wasn't moving at all. Second thought, it maybe my dream. I tried to get back to bed, but the shaking won't go away! Turned to my sister again.."nope, she is still not moving" something triggered my head! "ARGH! EARTHQUAKE!!" When I was about to run out to wake my family up..it stopped. (Thank the Lord) Seeing that no further tremors, I went back to bed. This morning when I wake up..I can't believe it..for the first time in my life.. I actually FELT THE QUAKE! Thank the Lord once again, that it was just a minor. Living in a 5 storey apartment and safe, it's a Blessing.

Below is the news I read from one of the local newspaper website,

"An earthquake measuring 8.5 on the Richter scale hit just off the coast of Sumatra about 245km from Medan and 535km from here – at 12.09am and tremors were felt on the entire west coast of the peninsula causing tens of thousands of people to be evacuated from their high-rise homes and hotels."

Some say it's a warning from God..let us not stop praying for our fellow brothers and sisters who are in the affected area...

No comments: