Saturday, August 12, 2006

Maybe thing's aren't that bad?

Let's see, maybe thing's are not that bad at all? Actually, if the both of us put in the effort a little by little? The story maybe a different ending? Okay, here is the story:
Me and him gave ourselves another chance to push the accelerator constant. We made a deal to try to make the situation the way it was before where the both of us were happy together. Uhm..example, phone calls, talking, conversations, updates on our lives. And so we did. It was not that bad at all. I can tell he is trying.
We basically been talking since last Saturday (08/05/06) then a break on Sunday and THEN we have been talking everyday since Monday (08/07/06).
Check list.
Talking stupid. Checked
Laughs. Checked
Silly talking. Checked
Serious talking. Checked
Life updates. Checked
Noticed something different. Checked
Making fun of ourselves. Checked
Make fun of each other. Checked
I know this check list is kind of ridicule, but hey I am having fun knowing what me and him been up to myself. I found out something really funny, well at least I thought it was funny. He moved to another area and he told me he got a roommate. Just out of curiosity I asked him,
Me : Hun, is Jorge your roommate or housemate?
Him : What's the difference?
Me : Err, roommate is someone that sleeps in the same room with you, and a housemate is someone that lives in the same house but different room.
Him : Oh, then housemate he is.
Me : Uhm..yea, I cannot imagine you being in the same room with a guy.

And we just burst out laughing about it. See what I mean, just silly talk about roommate and housemate makes us laughs. Knowing the fact that he didn't know the difference of roommate and housemate makes me feel smarter than I thought I was.
Yesterday we were talking to an old friend named Chris on Yahoo Messenger. Chris is in Utah now living in a motel that cost $400 permonth, which is not too bad according to the both of them. I didn't know whatelse to say just kept quiet and agreed. (Er hello? I am a student 400 bucks is a LOT to me). And so Chris noticed a girl by the reception is a "cute native american girl". Curiousity kills the cat. Nick, being a Native american himself persuaded Chris to ask what tribe that girl is. Persuasion failed. I found out that Chris is a scary cat himself. LOL not to be mean but I witnessed.
Chris was waiting on her to pick up the phone because she will intro her name over the phone. Nick, being the aggressive one of course did not give up persuading Chris. I being the smart one, browse through the Native american name list online. I typed all the possible name but none of them were her name. Native American names, some are weird but some are really sweet. I like Angeni myself, that means "spirit angel". Sweet huh? I thought so too.
And so, after all the names try-outs. She finally picked up a call and said her name, Rayleen. Now here is the fun part.
Nick : What the....Rayleen? That's no Native American name..she must be a white chick that just got tanned!
LOL Funny to see how he express himself. We just burst out laughing. It was funny, after all the effort, she does not have a Native American name. Then Chris got kicked offline.
So left me and Nick having our own little conversation again. He was browsing through a link I gave to him and he found an English-Cherokee Dictionary! If you have not noticed, he is from the Cherokee tribe and Cherokee is his native language. He taught me some of his language, and dang...it does sounds Japanese to me and most of them does not make any sense. Don't believe me? Take a look at this...
(english) boyfriend = u-na-li-go-di (cherokee)
Try that! Sounds funny right? He is trying to preserve his language. It be so much fun to learn! If you want to learn more words hit the link below,
After all that talking and fun, I had to go dinner and he wants to watching Chris Angel the magician show. So, I let him go.
Later that night, after dinner and I was walking home, he called me on my phone to check on where I was and to say Good night. I thought that was sweet.
Uhm...after all this typing. I guess all I am trying to say is that, all things won't be as bad as we thought it will be, so long as both parties put in a little effort to make a difference. As for me and him, we are so far so good.
And, jeez, who could have imagined I am learning Cherokee right? =)

No comments: