Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Just a little bit to share..

It has been a month and 7 days now in since my arrival to Hawai'i. I remember the first day I got here, I was very excited. At the same time, some bitterness. These were the few questions I asked myself, "What am I doing here?" ; "Why did I leave all my responsibilities at home and most of all my family?" ; "Can I cope with the environment here?". Questions upon questions, with no answers to it. As I travel in my friends car I looked around Honolulu. Signboards and road signs that look so alienated to me. What is all this? What does it means? Driving on the right side of the road? What is wrong with their road rules here? All of this just freaked me out totally!
Along the journey which lasted about an hour, I looked all around the highway. It's pretty much the same as back home; coconut trees, birds, highways, buildings, cars (just not as small as ours) and OCEANS (nope nothing like back home)..
I will share my first essay for my Communication class in the next link. It's all about the experiences I have had when I got there. So, pretty much of my expression is in that essay. Well I got 8/10 for that essay, I guess it was pretty much good for a start..
As time passes by, I have got the answers to all my questions. I am here to future my studies, to meet and learn about different types of people, to get an education and to go progress with my knowledge to make a change to my family's life and my own life from not so good to better. Can I cope with the environment here? OF COURSE! The Lord's help will come along in all these trials and confusions and discomfort.
In those pictures, some people I met during my stay here in Hawai'i. I have mentioned a few names, Mahera and Joanah. They are the best friends I know on campus. They are my shoulders to cry on no matter what. Homesick, Bad grades, fruastrated at work or school or with people around me. They cheer me up. They are my second family members. They are the best. I am so very grateful to Heavenly Father for giving me such good friends to bear my sorrow and pain and happiness with me when I am so many miles away from home..

No comments: