Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Royal Family

Malo E Lelei! means GOOD HEALTH in Tongan..

Okay guys, THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD! Remember I told you about the Royal that is coming over tonight? YES! And they did! I was so very nervous about it!
Before I tell you about the experience. I got to tell you something really spooky.. Yesterday after I have gotten the news about the Royal family of Malaysia will be coming over, I was so nervous and anxious! I told my best friend about it and they were so happy about it! Of course then I told you guys too..and Mum was asking me to take pictures with them! So, last night was really difficult for me. So I decided to say a prayer and went to bed. Don't want to think to much about it.

As usual..when you sleep you have dreams! Yes! I dreamt! I dreamt! I dreamt that the prince and princess came! and they were seated at one of the section with 2 little kids! I was so very nervous for serving them, I have to be at my best behaviour and best service! I got their order for drinks, so I went to the kitchen and take them drinks. BUT felt like it's taking me AGES to get out from the kitchen! I was told by one of my workmates that I have to use a bigger glass and fill it up with the drinks they ordered! I was saying it's so very weird! And this is taking too long! I have to get out and bring them their drinks! Argh! It's getting me on my nerves!! I was sooo nervous! But I finally got out from the kitchen and served them drinks, I kept apologizing to them. Almost all the guests in the restaurant has left..I was so worried that they will get upset about it. I was so nervous until I have to force myself to wake up! Then I slept back again..I saw them again in my dream! I was sooo worried they get all mad and angry ONCE again I force myself to wake up!! And I did..and the dream vanished..

I woke up in the morning, I told my Mahera and Joanah about the dreams..they were so excited for me and happy for me!!

Then, later in the evening it's about time to get to work. I was still very nervous! I can hardly smile! But I have to smile! Elisha the Royal's tourguide came into the restaurant! I saw him I was like.. ELISHA! THEY ARE HERE!? He said YES!! Then, I asked him what language can they speak? HE said MALAY BUT You can speak to them in ENglish too, they are very good. IT was a relief..I am so glad I can speak English with them! My Malay, is the worst compared to Mandarin! I don't want to embarassed myself in front of the Royals! No way! So since they are our VIP guests in the restaurant (Super Ambassador guests) well they are not the only one of course. Super Ambassador package is the most expensive package in PCC (www.polynesia.com) so whoever purchased this package are our VIP's. I was asked to served them by my supervisor because I am Malaysian!

Okay since they are Super Ambassador's, they get to have their food served. So Elisha came to me in the Kitchen so I have to bring them their drinks and buns. Then I went out with Elisha..and there I saw a man and a woman with 2 kids. Dressed up NORMAL, and I MEAN NORMAL T shirts, jeans..that's it. Just like anyone of us. NO ONE WOULD EVER THOUGHT that they are ROYAL. I was so suprised, NO BODY GUARDS, NO JEWELERIES, just normal people. They were VERY LOW PROFILE. I was so impressed. Remember about my dream? The prince and princess with 2 kids? I saw them in my dreams before I even MET THEM in person. I saw them..

And so, I introduced myself to them just like how we are suppose to do to other guests. I was so very nervous and anxious and excited! They asked me where I am from, which school I went to, how long have I been here. And I asked them how long have they been here, how do they like it here so far, how's the food, did they enjoyed the show. There was interaction between the 5 of us. I cannot believe it! I spoke to Prince and Princess of Malaysia for the first time in my life! And, the Prince complimented me that I have very good English. A Prince? compliment me? OH my gosh! Was I dreaming again?? No! It's real!

I brought them their salads, drinks, desserts of different kinds. I asked which is who's? The wife said, "Oh you know what, you can just leave them on the table, we would just want to try each of them, just leave them in the middle." See what I mean? VERY LOW PROFILE. They even said Thank you to me! I told them, No way! I thank you for giving me the honor to SERVE you! I told them how excited we are to have them here. Oh..before I actually started talking to them, I asked for forgiveness if I am to speak rude to them, and they said "Oh it's okay, don't worry about it" What a pain relief..Agree with me? Warm nice and friendly? =)

After their dessert, I asked if I could take pictures with them. The Prince said, "Oh yea Of course!" and I took pictures with them!! Oh my gosh!! First time in my life ever! I took pictures with Malaysian's Royal Family! Argh! pinch me!! punch me! Wake me up!! This is AWESOME!! And so, we took the picture. And they were about to leave, I went over to them and greeted them. Shoke their hands and say good bye. The wife, wished me good luck and all the best in my studies and she said this "when you come back to Malaysia, come to Perlis and look for Istana, we will be there don't worry knock at our door and Bring the picture" I was speechless and happy..don't know what to say but "Thank you" with a BIG SMILE was all I had to give. The husband, give me a huge hand shake and hide 20$ in his palm and give it to me. I told him "Oh no!! I can't take this!" He said "Oh no it's okay, take it for minum or buy books" I have this chill in my bones. Me took pictures with the Royal family, Me served them food, Me shook their hands, Me got compliments and wishes from them and Me got tips from them.

Isn't this the greatest thing to have to experienced? I am so proud of myself that I get to serve my own country's Royal family. Now I have something to talk about with my family and children.. If it wasn't the church I won't be here in Hawai'i working in Polynesian Cultural Center in one of the finest restaurant, Ambassador Dinning and serving the Royal family from my own country. I am so very grateful for this wonderful experience and opportunity. Thinking about it, I had to travel almost 20hours of flight and be in a country 18hours ahead from home, to meet Prince and Princess of Malaysia. What a great blessing..

Please see the attached picture file...me and my leader for Super Ambassador today and the Royal family of four..


Royal family Posted by Hello

No comments: