Saturday, April 19, 2008

And so it's here

2 weeks has passed by. Nothing much has been interesting for me except the fact that I went for a week vacation at Diba's hometown. She is a very special friend of mine, whom is an "Orang Asli" means, a Native Malaysian. Her people came to Malaysia which was then called Malaya long before anyone else resides.

Her village is basically in the jungle with homes made from bamboos. A very unique way of life. The one that still haunts me is their bathrooms, it used to be far away from their houses..but now it is built behind their homes. Bamboo houses are just so fun to live in but I doubt the bathrooms.

Of course we (me and Zameel) didn't stayed at the bamboo houses, because Diba's family has moved out to what we called a small town. Which means they are living in a HOUSE, a CONCRETE HOUSE with a familiar bathroom, kitchen, living room and bedrooms.

Oh...we have also tried some of their cuisines. It is not much but tapioca's, her Cousin Chef taught us the way they used to eat tapioca

1) Soak tapioca in water until soggy
2) Peel the skins off or leave it as it is
3) Pound it until it is crushed roughly smoothen
4) Flatten it like you would to pancake size
5) Place it onto a pan with medium heat
6) You can add in anything at all that you want to eat with it
example: salt & pepper, Roti canai gravy, Bolognaise sauce
7) I LOVE IT! but just maybe not for Zameel, he did not like the taste but oh well.

I thought this should be brought out to the city...because it is just some really traditional and special dish. It is one of they meal that the Orang Asli had to survive. It should be made known to the now trendy people who have money to spend on a French cuisine.

That whole week, we went to visit some villages, mountains, water falls, went to Tapah, Teluk Intan, Cameron Highlands.

It has been real fun, but I am not going to lie. The time passed at her home was rather boring because there basically have nothing much to do. A few days over there, when we were out, we were walking in the rain. Diba and Zameel kinda had enough but as for me, hey I DON'T MIND! haha

Now that I am home, been home for a week now. GAWD lucky for INTERNET or I would be bored to death by now. I just can't wait for school to start again...

No comments: